Welcome to my personal opinion!

How has your point of view been determined? On what do you base your belief system? What shapes your opinions?

All of us look at our world around us and interpret what we see based upon our most basic beliefs. This perspective is often referred to as our "worldview." We see what goes on in the world and our world view determines whether we think those things are good or bad, positive or negative. And that worldview also determines how we will react to everything that we encounter. So you see, it really is a matter of perspective.

Up front I will confess that I hold to what is known as a Biblical Worldview. My commitment to the Bible as being the Word of God, and my faith in the One revealed to us in that totally unique book and through His Holy Spirit has provided the lens through which I view the world around me.

So, if you choose to read what I have written there will likely be some things you will agree with and some which you will not. That will be determined by your own personal worldview.

My hope is that what I write will challenge you to better understand what you have chosen to base your worldview upon, and if it is not based on the unchanging Word of God, that you might become convinced, like I am convinced, that His Word is truth and serves to guide the believer through life's journey toward the "abundant life" Jesus promised in John 10:10.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's a New Day!

Last evening our church had the blessing of hearing the recommendation and report of our Pastor Search Committee concerning the man they feel led of God to ask us to call as our new Pastor. The man God led them to (and him to us) is Dr. Jackie Kay.

What wonderful news! Not only is it good news to know that we should soon have our Pastor on the field, but the one God has chosen for us is such a great man. I must admit that when I first heard the news my jaw fell to the floor. Only through our Lord's working could our church bring such a great man of God to our pulpit. I know that I shouldn't have been so surprised since so many prayers were lifted to the Lord for Him to send us a great Pastor, but no matter how much praying I do, the Lord still manages to amaze me with how He answers.

For those who may not know Bro. Jackie, let me share just a few things about him. He has been a full-time Evangelist for the past 13 plus years, preaching over 400 revivals around the country, and speaking at all kinds of events. His preaching is dynamic and straight from God's Word! Prior to his time as Evangelist, Bro. Jackie served 25 years as a Pastor. The last church he served, Bartlett Baptist Church just outside Memphis, had over 2,400 additions, including 650+ baptisms, in a little over eight years. It was one of the fastest growing churches in Tennessee. Most importantly, Bro. Jackie is a true servant of God who loves the Lord and loves people.

As Bro. Jackie comes to Central Park let me encourage you to do these things:
1. Pray faithfully for him:
- Pray for God's Spirit to empower him every time he moves to the pulpit.
- Pray for divine protection for him and his dear wife, Libby.
- Pray for Bro. Jackie to maintain a humble spirit before the Lord.
- Pray that God's love would flow through Bro. Jackie like a refreshing stream.
- Pray for him to have a deep sense of joy and fulfillment in his ministry.
- Pray that his life would serve as an example of Christian dedication before his people.
- Pray that God's vision for Central Park would be his very own.
2. If you attend Central Park, be a good follower. There can be but one hand on the wheel of a ship, and a church can have only one chief shepherd - the Pastor. However, unless we follow his leading none of us will get anywhere. I believe that Bro. Jackie will earn our trust and respect very quickly, and it will become obvious that God is guiding him, making it easier for us to support him fully.
3. If not already, get involved. If you are involved, be as faithful in your place of service as you know God is leading you to be.
4. Share your excitement about our church with others in the community, especially the unchurched. Be filled with joy over what God is doing there. People are attracted to those who are exuberant and sincere about their faith and their church family.

I'm sure there are many other things we can, and should, do. However, these would be a great start. It's a new day at Central Park . . . and I'm glad to be a part of it!

2 comments:

  1. I just hope this preacher is not real conservative and that his opinion of the place of women in the church is a progressive one. I also hope that he believes in having real hymns again so that we can sing something that we know and like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm......what exactly are real hymns? are they the opposite of fake hymns?

    ReplyDelete