Welcome to my personal opinion!

How has your point of view been determined? On what do you base your belief system? What shapes your opinions?

All of us look at our world around us and interpret what we see based upon our most basic beliefs. This perspective is often referred to as our "worldview." We see what goes on in the world and our world view determines whether we think those things are good or bad, positive or negative. And that worldview also determines how we will react to everything that we encounter. So you see, it really is a matter of perspective.

Up front I will confess that I hold to what is known as a Biblical Worldview. My commitment to the Bible as being the Word of God, and my faith in the One revealed to us in that totally unique book and through His Holy Spirit has provided the lens through which I view the world around me.

So, if you choose to read what I have written there will likely be some things you will agree with and some which you will not. That will be determined by your own personal worldview.

My hope is that what I write will challenge you to better understand what you have chosen to base your worldview upon, and if it is not based on the unchanging Word of God, that you might become convinced, like I am convinced, that His Word is truth and serves to guide the believer through life's journey toward the "abundant life" Jesus promised in John 10:10.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yes, God does hate evil!

This has been a very busy week! Almost every week . . . every day . . . is a blur of activity (and I know I'm not the only one living out this kind of life) so it is often difficult to have time to blog. This is the first time since starting my blog that I've missed three days in a row, but it likely won't be the last. I enjoy writing these, but there are other priorities that must come first.

Today I'm looking at Proverbs 6:16-19 which gives a list of seven things which Solomon declares that God considers an abomination. This is not a complete list as other passages of Scripture tell of additional actions and attitudes which God detests. Solomon says:
"Here are six things God hates, and one more that he loathes with a passion:
eyes that are arrogant,
a tongue that lies,
hands that murder the innocent,
a heart that hatches evil plots,
feet that race down a wicked track,
a mouth that lies under oath,
a toublemaker in the family. (The Message)

When considering these seven items it is apparent that much about our world today must be so disgusting to God. We are fortunate that the only thing greater than God's sense of justice is His love for sinners. He has every reason and right to destroy us all, but He chose, out of His great love, to provide us sinners with a way to be reconciled with Him -- Jesus Christ.

Many people feel that they are not loved or are unlovable. Not so! God's expression of love through the sacrifice of Jesus proves to us that He loves everyone, even you! And believe it or not, there are many Christians who love you as well. I know, I know, there are a lot of folks out there who say they are Christians who sure don't act like they love you. That is an unfortunate truth. But, there are millions of Christians around this world who are praying for you (they pray that all people will know the saving grace of Jesus) and many give money from their own pockets to feed the poor, house the homeless, and send missionaries to tell more people about Jesus. There are Christians who give of their time to improve the lives of those who lives around them. You may not know these people, and they may not know you by name, but their love is real because God's love is real in them!

I close this post with a simple plea. If you have never accepted God's gift of love - eternal life and forgiveness through faith in Jesus - please do so right now! You can never earn God's love nor can you earn eternal life, but it is your choice as to whether or not you will accept His gift. He won't force you to accept it. Accepting Jesus would be the wisest thing you ever did!

1 comment:

  1. Ken, this is my heartsong. God so deeply loves all of us, all of Creation was created with us in mind. The depth of God's love is so past what I can comprehend, yet God is God and He shares glimpses of the amazing love of His each and every day. For so many years I could.not.get.past.my failures...yet God only asked me for my love and faith in Him....and to allow Him to forgive me and to strengthen me to go forward with His love again....What a great God we call Father!

    ReplyDelete